Anyway, in order to get rid of the 50 posts clogging up my Blog Roll I have had to stop following this blog -- it took me a while to figure out how -- as initially I could not find his blog listed on my Blog List nor when I went to 'Manage Your Blogs'! Persistence paid off, however and it finally showed up and I was able to proceed. One thing I am pleased about is that Google picked up what was happening and warned me. In fairness to the blogger, I will be checking back regularly to make sure when I can follow him again as it is one of my favourites...
Then this morning I noticed that my profile picture had disappeared from all the blogs I follow! It used to be that if you wanted to 'follow' you just clicked 'follow this blog' and then agreed that's what you wanted. Now a new button has popped up saying, 'Join this Site' and you have to choose an account to sign into -- such as
Google. Sign in, then it says you have joined and then you must click on the box that says 'Done'. I must thank Perpetua for the heads up on this, by the way...
- Now in order to have your profile picture come up you have to Join This Site all over again.
- When you've gone through the necessary steps you will see a blanked out picture at the top of the followers and next to it the word 'Options'. Click on 'Options' and then choose 'Site settings'.
- Another box comes up and you will see a box with a blank picture space and a choice of what to do, for example you can upload a photo from your computer. Immediately underneath the box is a choice to use a picture from a profile you already have on the web. Click on it!
- And a whole bunch of choices are there for you, including 'Blogger'. Click on your choice, yet another box comes up -- I think an 'OK' is required.
- Then when that box goes look at the bottom of the remaining box and click the 'Done'. When you have 'done' that magically your picture appears!
I still have not figured out how to avoid having to go to each blog that I follow and go through this process. Does anyone out there know the answer?